Tobogganing in Zell am See and Kaprun
Action and family fun included
Tobogganing is fun for everyone! Whether old or young, diverse natural toboggan runs and all-season facilities will lend your winter holiday extra charm. Whether as a couple by moonlight or during the day with the whole family, tobogganing in Zell am See and Kaprun is fun even for the biggest winter grouches. Numerous runs and equipment can be found around the Waldhof.
Toboggan runs in Zell am See and Kaprun at a glance
There are many options for enjoying a spot of tobogganing. They all have specific advantages and features. We would like to warmly recommend the following runs:
- Köhlergraben: The 2 km floodlit run is particularly well suited for children. From the Waldhof, it’s just a leisurely hike uphill to the starting point at the Gasthof Köhlergraben, or you can take the toboggan bus, which stops in front of our hotel.
- Guggenbichl: Also 2 km long, this run is located at the Jausenstation Guggenbichl in Kaprun. Just rent your toboggan on site and enjoy evening and night rides until 11 p.m.
- Kohlschnait: A small detour to Gries leads to a particularly beautiful natural toboggan run. The Kohlschnait toboggan run leads over three varied kilometres through the snowy winter landscape.
- Bramberg: The Wildkogel Arena Bramberg is located about 40 minutes away, but the fast ride over 1,300 metres in altitude on the 14 km toboggan run is definitely worth the short trip. You will find smaller family runs throughout the region, where things proceed at a slightly more leisurely pace.
- Maisiflitzer: The year-round toboggan run at the Maiskogel is also open in winter. Be taken to the top and then go down the 1.3 km run. Buckle up well and adjust the speed yourself.
There’s never a boring moment tobogganing in Zell am See and Kaprun. And when are you going to visit us at the Waldhof?